"What Are the Benefits of IML Ice Cream Cup Container?"
1. Understanding In-Mold Labels
In-mold labeling (IML) is a pre-printed polypropylene label that is shaped like a cylindrical container directly injected into a mold. This process results in the label and the mold becoming integrated. As the name suggests, in-mold labeling is a process of injecting heated molten plastic into a mold, which then cools and takes the shape of the mold or container. Simply put, the decoration of the product happens inside the mold itself. The plastic polymer automatically fuses with the mold, making it a part of the product container. In-mold labeling is a magical technique that offers design flexibility and productivity advantages over traditional in-mold labeling. Multiple colors, effects and textures can be used in a single operation, making it a highly versatile labeling option. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits that in-mold labeling provides.
2. IML Containers for Food Packaging
In-mold labeling has gained immense popularity in the past few decades and today we can see many industries showing a keen interest in this technology, including food, beverage, cosmetics, healthcare, pharmaceutical and even the automotive industry. It can be used for countless applications, some of which include: butter, margarine, and other spreadable containers, ice cream cup containers, yogurt tubs, candy buckets, nutritional supplements and additives, cosmetics, home and garden products, paint buckets, tobacco.
3. Why Use IML Ice Cream Cup Containers
1. Time and cost savings – IML technology eliminates a step as the label printing is directly molded with the container. This saves ice cream tub container manufacturers a lot of time. An additional advantage is that the process wastes fewer raw materials, thus saving costs incurred from using too much material. The elimination of a step also saves on labor and transportation costs as the labels are adhered to the IML containers during the molding process.
2. Environmentally friendly – the packaging and label are made of the same material, which means the iml containers have the same characteristics, properties and features, making them easy to recycle.
3. Durable and hygienic – in-mold labels stand the test of time and weather. Their durability is commendable as they are able to withstand extreme weather conditions. Whether it’s damp or extremely hot, the labels, prints, and colors remain as good as new. This means they can undoubtedly be used for refrigeration purposes. They are also scratch-resistant, hard to break and wrinkle-free.
4. Excellent Processability – IML films have excellent antistatic properties, which help reduce static charges between the film and the machine, extending the life of the machine and making the film more compatible with different types of machines.